Both Hellan self-cleaning automated and manual strainers are designed to remove solids without stopping the flow of fluids. There are no baskets to remove.
Fluid flows from the outside to the inside of the screen. Solids that are larger than the screen openings are collected on the outside. As solids build up on the screen, the differential pressure increases. When the differential pressure exceeds the normal clean pressure drop limit, the operator will start a cleaning operation.
Hellan self-cleaning automated strainers can be easily assembled by converting a self-cleaning manual strainer. This is done by installing accessories from a conversion kit.
Self-Cleaning Automated Strainers by Hellan
- Cleaning operation takes 15 seconds
- Great for unattended operation
Self-Cleaning Manual Strainers by Hellan
- Cleaning operation takes less than 60 seconds
- Removes solids from fluids without stopping the flow or disassembling the strainer
- A deflection rib protects the screen from large objects
- Debris moves to the sump area of the strainer where it is removed by periodic flushing
- Employees are not exposed to possible contaminates
- Perforated Screens Round Opening Size range from 1/4” to 1/32”
- Wedge-Wire Screens Slot Width range from .015” to .004”
Strainer Size Options
- Pipe Size ranges from 1-1/2” to 30”
Range of Applications
- Fire Protection
- Waste Water Treatment
- Ethanol Plant
- Power Utility Plants (Fossil, Hydro & Nuclear)
- Iron and Steel Facilities
- Irrigation Systems
All models are offered in iron, steel, stainless, super duplex stainless steel and bronze